Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fashion Tips for Scoliosis Brace {Part 1}

Hey everyone! Here is part 1 of my series of posts about fashion tips geared towards people wearing a brace. This is what I wore on the first day of school.  I recommend wearing loose and flouncy tops that are not sheer to cover up any odd bumps. A nice pattern will distract others. It's nice to layer a similar color tank underneath to even out the hips if the shirt is short. In this particular shirt the sides are cut a but low so the tank will cover up the side of the brace that goes up to the armpit. 


The shirt is long in the back so it conceals the potentially awkward back area. I do recommend having long hair to cover the top so the brace doesn't seem to stick out in the middle of the shirt. I hope that's not too confusing! :)

I would definitely add some jewelry to spice up the look and pair a cute pair of sandals or flats with the outfit! By the way, both the top and bottom are from American Eagle Outfitters. ae.com They have a great selection of clothes! Click here to see my back to school haul. :)

Also, do any of you guys have an issue of your pants sliding down easily? I always have to wear a belt even if it's tight... I think the brace loosens my pants or something.


2 comments:

  1. I have had my brace for a long time. The reason your pants slide down (I always have to wear a belt too :]) is because it's the material on the plastice. With just skin underneath it has something to grip but with the brace it just has a smooth, mostly flat piece of plastic. Hope this helps :]. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... thank you! :) Best of luck to you as well!

      Delete

I love reading comments! I will try my best to respond to each one. If you have a blog leave your url so I can check it out!